This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Celeste Laplace 6 days, 18 hours ago.

• Author

Ben Bailey
    Participant

Hi everyone, Ben here. I started Theatre Nerds in 2014. It began as a Facebook page, and now it’s all that jazz and more. If your way here, I’d love for you to say hi and tell the group a bit about yourself.

Thomas R. Barton
    Participant

Bonjour, mes nouveaux amis!! My name is Thomas, and there’s quite a bit to tell about me. I explain a lot on my profile, but my life is constantly changing. The fact that I’m desperately in love with theatre has not changed! Anyways, I joined TheatreNerds just this year, 2018, while looking for audition pieces. I have loved this website ever since. The quizzes by far are some of the funniest (and true) things EVER!! P.S. If you ever need someone to talk to…”I’m your man.” ^-^

Ben Bailey
      Participant

Welcome to the family! So glad the site has been helpful to you. I hope we can form a big group on here to encourage each other on the Thespian journey 🙂

Thomas R. Barton
    Participant

I’m trying to get all my friends on here as well.

Ben Bailey
      Participant

That would be great! I’m going to start spreading the word in our Facebook group and email subscribers. These chat rooms are great because you can organize everything into topics, unlike Facebook groups.

Thomas R. Barton
        Participant

Ooh, that will be good. The more people see us, the more likely they’ll be “converted” due to their over-exposure.

ANNordy
    Participant

Hi, I’m a huminoid on earth, I’ve been on here for about as long as this sites been up! Just dropping by 🙂

Thomas R. Barton
      Participant

You is humanoid? I is kattin. What is humanoid? ^-^

Little Lotte
    Participant

Hi my name is Charlotte and my whole existence is thanks to musicals. My father wore a Phantom of the Opera T-shirt, so my mother went to ask if he had seen it or scammed it from a friend (like she did). He went to Melbourne to see it. My name was also inspired by The Phantom of the Opera, as you can see my nickname is Little Lotte. I have been listening to Phantom for aslong as I can remember and watched the stage show in Sydney when I was three yrs old. I was Diana Barry in an Anne of Green Gables musical at high school and later that year saw My Fair Lady performed by an ametuer dramatic group. I’m currently having signing lessons, which hopefully will lead to my childhod dream of becoming Christine Daae on stage (very stereotypical for a Phan, I know). Soon I’ll be seeing Marina Prior at my local theatre. I’m very excited

Thomas R. Barton
      Participant

Hello Charlotte!! That is amazing! In my school, we are performing Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, and I got the role of Phantom for “Phantom of the Opera” and “Music of the Night!” I’m really excited for it. I hope you can fulfill your dream of playing Christine!

Thomas R. Barton
      Participant

Also, Merry Christmas!!

Tori Luttrell
    Participant

Hello, I know this is really late (from when the post was introduced), but I wanted to introduce myself and say hi!! My name is Tori, and I’ve been into musical theatre for quite a bit. I got into a couple years back when my friend played the ‘Hamilton’ soundtrack for me, and I became obsessed. I’ve always wanted to act on stage, but I never could due to basketball. This year though I decided to quit basketball, and begin acting! I just started this year and I already have gotten two roles. I’m super excited for my future in acting, and this website helps me a lot with audition songs, terms, etc.

Thomas R. Barton
      Participant

Hahaha! Don’t worry about the timing. It’s perfectly fine! And as for your career, congrats!!! I’m so happy for you 🙂 This website has been one of the most useful tools I have for auditions, finding people to relate to, and just overall having fun!

Celeste Laplace
    Participant

Hi, my name’s Celeste, I’m like brand new to this and I also really like Phantom of the Opera! Being Christine would also be my dream role, but I know it will not happen until college. Do any of you have suggestions about how to get my school to do Phantom of the Opera? And sorry about being so late!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.