This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anya Erso 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Owain Collins
    Participant

I was just in Fun Home, and yesterday was the last show. It sucks and I get so depressed when a show is over.

Ben Bailey
    Participant

That always sucks! Who did you play in Fun Home? I love that show!

Owain Collins
      Participant

I was Christian Bechdel. I really like shows with smaller casts, so this one was perfect, but that made it even more sad when it was over.

Ben Bailey
        Participant

Awesome, I saw Fun Home on Broadway the day before it won the Tony. It was an incredible experience. Smaller casts do make for a more binding experience. It’s always weird to close show and not see the same faces like your used to.

Thomas R. Barton
    Participant

Quite honestly, closing night is by far the worst. Whether or not it beats tech week, I’m not sure, but I can relate closely with the depression after a show. It gets really hard, especially when there’s no new auditions for a while.

Ben Bailey
      Participant

I remember the feeling. haven’t done a show in 8 years because Theatre Nerds keeps me so busy. Hoping to get back into it soon.

Grace Kreps
    Participant

this is the worst feeling ever. honestly nothing else hurts more.

Little Lotte
    Participant

I make sure I wear water-proof mascara for closing night. I was in Anne of Green Gables as Diana Barry and the whole Barry family are still really close to each other

Anya Erso
    Participant

Closing night is the worst! I cry after every show! I specifically remember crying a lot after I did “Beauty and the Beast jr.” because I met a lot of new friends and I learned so much during that show… it was really sad when it was over! Good luck to any of y’all your future shows or present shows!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.