The Theatre Nerds group is the best group around, and I know this for a fact. The proof is the incredible response received when I asked for your favorite quotes from musicals you love. This group exists because I wanted a place for all of us to come together and celebrate our love for live theatre, and the community that’s forming warms my heart.
Because of the massive response, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of the top quotes, based on how many “likes” they received on the FB page.
So without further ado, here are your top 25 quotes from musicals out of over 400 submissions we received.
P.S. If you aren’t with us on Facebook, you’re missing out!
1. Take me for what I am, who I was meant to be!
2. There’s a hole in the world like a big black pit who are filled with people who are filled with shit
3. The Greatest Thing You’ll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return
4. It’s time to trust my instincts close my eyes and leap!
5. Negro day’s the best! I wish every day was Negro day!
6. Wow, you mean the Bible is actually a trilogy, and the Book of Mormon is Return of the Jedi?! I’m interested!
7. Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
8. I don’t need a life that’s normal, that’s way too far away But something next to normal would be okay
9. Never fear Brooklyn is here
10. WOAAAHHHHH THERE PLASTIC HORSE
11. Take my hand, and lead me to salvation. Take my love, for love is everlasting. And remember the truth that once was spoken: to love another person is to see the face of God.
12. Bottom: So wait, an actor is saying his lines and out of nowhere he just starts singing?
13. So much of me Is made of what I learned from you. You’ll be with me Like a handprint on my heart.
14. Should we tell her about musicians?
She doesn’t need to know anything about them! All she needs to know is they keep them in a pit, and it’s for a good reason
15. If I hadn’t believed in you, I wouldn’t have loved you at all
16. Death does not discriminate between the sinners or the saints
17. Oh if life were made of moments, even now and then a bad one, but if life were only moments, then you wouldn’t know you had one
18. Masquerade! Paper faces on parade . . .Masquerade! Hide your face, so the world will never find you!
19. At the end of the day you’re another day older
20. Well, we can’t all come and go by bubble!
21. Winifred, never confuse efficiency with a liver complaint
22. What would I do with two? The same as you do with one!
23. I want to die Knowing I Had a long, full life in your arms That I can do Forever, with you
24. Touch me just like that. And that, oh, yeah, now that’s heaven
25. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise
As you can see Les Miserables takes the cake with 4 total quotes. Wicked is a close 2nd with 3 quotes.