👑 'Hamilton' Pins And Key Chains DIY ⭐️
Posted by Theatre Nerds on Saturday, July 22, 2017
In this tutorial we will be making Hamilton pins and key chains!
For this project you will need:
- Shrink Film (super sanded)
- Hole Punch
- Flat Pins
- Key Rings
- Permanent Markers
- Printable PDF (attached in the description)
See below this post for recommended products
1. Begin your project by printing out your reverse copy of Hamilton pins/key chains.
2. With your super sanded Shrink Film, place shiny side face down, sanded side face up.
3. Using your permanent markers, begin tracing and filling in your images. You are free to use whatever colors you’d like, or design your own pins and key chains!
4. Once dried, begin cutting out your images. For the pins, make sure you are cutting as close as you can to the lines. When making a key chain, allow yourself some extra space to punch a hole in BEFORE you bake them in the oven.
5. After cutting out your pins and key chains, turn your oven to 350°. With a small cookie sheet lined with either non-stick aluminum foil, baking paper, or thin cardboard, place your images in small groups with distance from one another so they do not touch. Make sure the pieces are shiny face DOWN, sanded side UP.
Warning, please be careful, the oven and cookie sheets are very hot. if you are under the age of 13, please ask an adult for help*
6. Allow them to bake for 2-3 minutes. They will curl up at first, but will lay flat again, so do not take them out before then. After the 3 minutes have passed, take your shrunk Hamilton art out of the oven, and with a spatula, lightly flatten them if they are slightly curled. Once cooled remove them from the cookie sheet.
7. After everything is completely cooled, you are now ready to attach your pins and key rings! With the key rings, simply open the ring and insert it into the hole you created before baking. For the pins, take the flat backing of the pin with a dab of glue (hot glue, E600, etc) and place on the sanded side of your art. Allow the glue to dry completely before using.
Once everything has dried, you are now ready to wear your pins on your clothes, backpack or favorite Hamilton shirt! Don’t forget to clip on your key chain as well!
Share with us your version of Hamilton Key Chains and Pins on our Facebook and Instagram page. We can’t wait to see what you have done!
Leave a comment bellow with suggestions of what you would like to see next…