From glow tape mishaps to hunger pains, we all know the strife tech week can cause. Let’s celebrate the joys and sorrows of the most beloved and feared week through the tweets of theatre nerds everywhere.
1. Tech week brings stress, a lack of sleep and, apparently, fire hazards.
When you use so much fog that you set off the fire alarm and the fire department comes #techweek
— Julia Fioravanti (@jrosefior) September 27, 2016
2. Wardrobe malfunctions are inevitable.
Nothing like running down the hallway in nothing but your bra because you almost missed a costume change #techweek
— Emily (@emilyboudrot) September 27, 2016
3. How did thespians survive pre-Siri?
I just set a reminder on my phone telling myself to eat tomorrow. #techweek
— Cailin Hurley (@CailinHurleyy) October 26, 2016
4. Tech brings out the inner motivational speaker in some…
— Yonder Ben (@Banjomin2247) October 26, 2016
5. …And dietary confusion in others.
What I ate today – one pizza hut breadstick, a slice of cake, old fruitsnacks, a slice of cheese. #techweek
— Kristen Danek (@k10danek) October 28, 2016
6. You can play hide-and-go-seek with mic tape.
Still finding mic tape left on my neck and not knowing which rehearsal it's from. #techweek
— pw (@_peytonmwright_) November 3, 2016
7. You’ll develop an unhealthy obsession with glow tape.
I got home and was confused as to why my stairs didn't have glow tape on them. #techweek
— Syd (@SydLaRue) November 2, 2016
8. A sort-of romantic dinner atmosphere.
I just spent the last 20 minutes eating Triscuits in the dark as my dinner. #techweek
— ᗰᗩ᙭???? (@_whiterthanyou_) October 19, 2016
9. Dramaturgs do tech right.
— Chloe (@chloeloos) October 19, 2016
10. Long days are fun days!
Ah… 16 hour school days are what I love most 🙂 #techweek
— yezenia ???? (@babycupid97) October 18, 2016
11. Celebrating the miracle that is a tear-free day.
— Katrina Wilson (@katrinamwilson) October 12, 2016
12. The OCD techie’s nightmare.
The fact that none of my blacks are the same black is extremely frustrating #techweek
— Matthew (@MATSHIELDS) October 9, 2016
13. There will be some improvising.
— Annika Marks (@Annika_Marks) October 7, 2016
14. Snow White don’t care — it’s tech week.
walked into parent teacher conferences with my Snow White costume on, took some cookies and walked out #techweek
— maggie moo (@mags_moo) September 21, 2016
15. Technology does not mix with set paint.
— Tonya C (@TisforTonya) September 21, 2016
16. And this sums up everyone in the production right now.
— Elizabeth Massie (@sassiemassiee) October 5, 2016