With so much going on during December, it’s hard not to experience emotional whiplash from all the different feels. We can promise that you are not alone in your experiences this holiday season, and what better way to express your relatable feelings than through musicals?
Here are 17 moments of the holidays expressed in musicals:
1. When you head to your family dinner and tell yourself that this year is going to be different.
2. When your crush won’t take the hint already and kiss you under the mistletoe.
3. When it’s your last day of work before your time off for the holidays starts.
4. When you meet up with your high school friends for a reunion and you see your ex across the bar.
5. When you’re being helped home from the office holiday party after indulging in too much holiday cheer.
6. When your relatives ask when you are settling down/getting married/having children/getting your life together.
7. When you and your siblings foolishly decide to recreate your childhood moments.
8. When your family members once again try to convince you of the value of watching sports, while you insist that theatre is its own team sport.
9. When you forget about the cookie exchange you agreed to take part in and need six dozen cookies for tomorrow.
10. When you eat as many desserts as you want after Christmas dinner.
11. When you’re all dolled up and heading out for a night on the town to celebrate the season.
12. When your relatives scoff at your Broadway ambitions during your family Christmas get-together.
13. When you decide amid the euphoria of New Year’s Eve that this is definitely going to be your year!
14. When you have to wear Spanx under your new holiday outfit.
15. When you finally find the perfect gift for that special person in your life after spending hours at a crowded mall.
16. When the heated debates start at the Christmas dinner table.
17. When your friends brag about their fabulous holiday getaways and you try to act like you don’t care, that you’re perfectly happy to be staying home and enjoying those freezing temperatures and snow.
Cheers to a theatre-themed holiday season!