1. You will cry in front of every teacher you have.
Maybe because of a scene…but most likely just because of life.
2. You might get naked in class.
Never a requirement (obvi!!). But sometimes, it just happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3. You won’t be going out on Thursday nights.
Aka you might be the only one of your friends to have class on Friday…and then rehearsal on Saturday…and a show on Sunday.
4. You’ll question what you’re doing…a lot.
In your acting class…in your acting major…in your acting life…
5. You’ll embarrass yourself THOROUGHLY.
But it’ll get to the point where you don’t even care anymore! Which, honestly, is pretty freakin’ awesome.
6. You and your classmates will bond SO FAST.
Once #5 (or #2) happens, how could you not?
7. You’re gonna get really good at interpretive dance.
No, like really good. Something like 40% of your BFA is interpretive dancing.
8. You’ll start getting really meta when bad things happen to you, especially when you start learning about emotional recall.
*Roommate eats last of your cinnamon toast crunch* “Well. I’ll be remembering THIS for Medea later.”
9. Acting parties are by far the BEST parties.
Nothing like a little emotional exploration to really get a party going.
10. You’ll never watch a movie or play the same way again.
Especially ones with dialects. “Ooooh did you hear that intrusive r? SWEET.”
11. You’ll graduate feeling like you’re prepared for nothing, and yet prepared for EVERYTHING.