A recent study that I made up shows that theatre kids might be susceptible to the following side-effects. If you experience any of the following symptoms, please contact your doctor immediately because you might be a theatre kid.
1. You’ve forgotten what the sun looks like
Late rehearsals… enough said.
2. You talk to walls
No one has heard your audition piece more than that wall.
3. You only see your family when they come to your shows
With late nights and early mornings… you’re like a ghost in your own house.
4. Show tunes either excite you or infuriate you
One day you love them, the next day you hate them.
5. Your characters come out in front of other people
Embrace yourself even when others don’t.
6. When you don’t have rehearsal you’re not sure where to go
Having free time is so foreign.
7. School gets in the way of rehearsal
If only you could go to school… and just do rehearsal.
8. Your wardrobe is comprised of only show shirts
Someone else always wears the same show shirt as you to school.
9. You have a natural resentment towards athletes
They might get all the glory, but we know where to find the real talent!
10. You know the proper way to spell “Theatre”
“Theater” refers to a building and “Theatre” refers to an art-form.
11. Limited social life
The only people you are able to hang out with are the people listed in the program with you.
12. You don’t sleep
School + Rehearsal + Homework + Responsibilities + Everyone Else’s Problems = No Sleep
13. You’re broke
You don’t have time for a job and all the fees add up.
14. You keep coming back for more
No matter how much it hurts sometimes… the reward is always worth it!